Spring Style Staples: There’s something about the spring that brings cheer to anyone’s face. The weather’s getting warmer, the birds are singing, and the flowers are blooming. So what does that mean for your closet? It means spring style is in season and, whether you’re trying to revamp your wardrobe or just get a few new essential women’s tops, dresses, and bottoms for this year, you’ll want to consult our list of ten spring style staples that every woman needs this season.
- Neutral-Toned Knitwear — According to Danielle Moss, the co-founder of Anecdote, the Everygirl, and lifestyle blogger, sweaters are a spring wardrobe must–have. If you don’t already have neutral-toned knitwear in your closet, now is the time to add this to your spring wardrobe. When you think of spring, you probably think of bright colors and floral patterns. While you definitely want to add pretty pastels and timeless florals to your spring look, neutral-toned pieces like a gray pullover and a white cardigan can help out balance the bolder statement pieces you wear this spring.
- Denim Jeans — Do you know what else will match your neutral-toned knitwear this spring? From high-waist jeans to give you extra support to bootcut jeans you can wear with cute ankle booties, every woman needs solid and trendy jeans in her wardrobe that she can wear over and over again. For a more spring look, get jeans in light blue washes. Think 90s-inspired acid wash high waist loose jeans and, for a more modern twist, white skinny jeans.
- Denim Shirts and Jackets — If you can’t get enough of denim, pair a denim shirt and denim jacket with your denim jeans. It’s an easy look when you’re looking for seamless texture from head to toe. If you want to break up the look, pair your denim shirt and jacket with a velvet skirt for more structure or a more bohemian midi skirt for a playful look.
- Leather Jackets — The leather jacket has been a classic for ages, and it’s perfect for spring when it’s not too hot but is just brisk enough to want an extra layer. As an alternative to leather, try an oversize moto jacket or a cropped biker jacket. Feminine meets edgy when you pair a black jacket with a relaxed buttondown shirt.
- Longline Coats — Upgrade your spring look with any kind of longline coat. The longline coat looks best when it’s tailored for your frame and natural silhouette. It can pull together any look, even with something as casual as a white tee and denim underneath. Your long spring coat can be anything from an extra-long flannel shirt jacket to a light and flowy chiffon duster cardigan. Pair your longline coat with trendy tops to complete the look. Accessorize with a widebrimmed hat and black ankle booties.
- Midi Dresses — We’re all about maximum style with minimal effort. That’s where midi dresses come in. They’re timeless classics that can be paired with heeled boots and statement jewelry. Try a velvet midi dress or a neutral-toned shirt dress. To make this look more casual, pair it with chic sneakers.
- Chic Sneakers — Let’s move on to spring style accessories. When we say chic sneakers, we’re talking about lifestyle trainers that can range from those white New Balances that your dad likes to wear on the living room couch to vintageinspired running shoes. Get them in neutral colors so they can match your bright spring looks, or make your chic sneakers a statement piece by getting them in bold colors.
- Tote Bags — Next, you’ll want to make sure you have tote bags in your spring wardrobe. Tote bags can be a straw bag that you’ll love taking anywhere from your office to your afternoon in the park. Experiment with different textures with your tote bag, like soft quilt, grained leather, and even fuzzy micro totes.
- Minimalist Earrings — No look is complete without a little jewelry. You may decide to go big and bold with bangles and bright-colored necklaces. This season, try minimalist earrings, which can bring together any look and can be worn across a wide variety of occasions. Think of understated gold stud earrings and dainty chain necklaces.
- Ballet Flats — Finally, every woman needs ballet flats this spring. Small details make the difference when it comes to these fashion flats. You may want a plain pair of black flats, or you may decide that embellishments can take your flats to the next level. Try Mary Janes in white or flats with jewel or crystal embellishments.
Any of these items we listed are spring essentials that can be styled in so many different ways. You can wear them to work or your next Sunday brunch with your girlfriends. Wear them in bold colors or fun patterns to make a statement this spring. From trendy dresses to gorgeous accessories, you’re sure to be the most effortlessly fashionable lady in the room this season.